Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Overwhelming

Apparently when I'm well and truly overwhelmed with work, I go back to blogging! Like there is way, way too much work to do. And all the normal and seasonal things to do. This week, I have evening plans--three nights in a row! One is for a "gala" dinner. I was assured by Diego that "business formal" is ok for dress. I no longer have a suit that fits, but I will find something that works. No need for fancy dress up, which I also don't have. 

Work, though, is impossible. I have too many tasks that only I can do. And even if I could delegate more, I'm still the "final authority" on the product. And all while everything is due all at once...I am not able to focus for more than a few minutes at a time. 

Also today we had several "guys" at the house. Two different guys came to look at our HVAC system because we keep getting an error message on our very fancy thermostat. One guy might still be here. The other guy rebuilt the steps to our kitchen door earlier this year. He was back to work on our deck--first power washing it, then he will come back later to sand, patch, and paint. And replace a few rotted boards. I really don't enjoy owning a house. 

I also baked a cake. None of this is helping me get my work done. 

Grateful for: trying a new cake recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be rejected. You don't have to use your real name, just A name. No URL is required; enter your name and leave the 'url' line blank. Thank you.