I'm living in a world that was unimaginable to me until everything started crashing down. I know what is happening, what the prez and his crony-in-chief are trying to do. They have had limited but devastating success so far, but will they be able to completely dismantle the administrative state? I get really worked up whenever I talk about this stuff. I'm furious and dismayed. It actually hit my company because most of our work is via federal contracts. Four of our contracts were summarily canceled for "convenience" last week. One contract was almost complete--we were writing the final report! Everything is a lie, it's all for optics and crafting a narrative. It's most certainly not about waste, fraud, and abuse.
I am fine. My partner has his job, which seems secure (though they work for federal entities). I have a lot of savings. My job is wobbly but should be fine for a few months. We'll try and find other work. We'll see.
Grateful for: being a good saver.
I used to follow your blog and occasionally comment. When I saw one of your sites disappear, I figured that was it, as was the case for many DC blogs started in the mid-2000s I used to follow. I checked by chance this morning and found you were back. Glad to see it, and I hope matters remain as well as they can under the unfortunate circumstances we in DC find ourselves in these days.
ReplyDeleteSo I just saw your comment--over a year later! The blog is very sleepy these days and I also remember all the DC bloggers and miss them. I lost the .net domain for a while and that hid the blog!
Delete